Who We Are
The Alliance of Claims Assistance Professionals (ACAP) is a nationwide association of Claims Assistance Professionals (CAP). It is a member organization serving the public through its membership of independent business owners.
The membership consists of seasoned professionals with excellent references. The members have different backgrounds, but all are dedicated to helping the public navigate the financial aspects of healthcare. Our members are nurses, attorneys, certified medical coders, certified insurance consultants, daily money managers, certified senior advisors, and/or insurance agents.
Members provide claims assistance services nationwide and globally. Member practices are separate, for-profit, independent entities that are solely responsible for the quality of their work. Each business determines its own service, contract, and cost of service. Please contact the Claims Assistance Professional nearest to your location for help with health insurance claims.
Claims Assistance Professionals' Services
- Challenge denials of claims by the insurance company
- Organize health insurance paperwork
- Audit hospital and provider charges
- Negotiate with providers on patient balances
- Review medical bills and determine proper payment
- File various types of insurance claims (medical, long term care, FSA, HSA)
- Track claims to ensure they are accurately processed
- Contact providers and insurance companies to resolve claim problems
- Assist in selecting Medicare Part D drug plans and Medicare supplement plans
- Assist with choices during employer open enrollment
- Provide education on benefits and options
- Negotiate providers' fees for uninsured patients or procedures
Charity and Financial Assistance
Although ACAP is a not-for-profit organization, we do not function as a charity organization. We do not receive donations; therefore, we are unable to provide financial assistance.
In some cases, our members do pro-bono work, similarly to legal assistance. Each member decides within his/her own business practice the viability for providing services free of charge.